Epic Moments : Road to the GSummit 2014

Aw ! What a great summit ! Some epic moments ! This kind of things that change your life !
Leaving Accra brought a bittersweet feeling because it's always good to come home but...Arrrrrg (you know what I mean)

I remember how this story began. 


24th July 2014 : During a hard work session for a school project, I decided to take a break and check my inbox. Then, I saw a message from Google "Thank you for your interest in the Google Student Ambassador Program", once again.
Well, I had already received a mail before that said "we regret...", oh just a pretty manner to say I do not deserve to be chosen as a GSA (I thought).

But nooooo, not this time: I was chosen to be the GSA of my university. I can't describe how excited I was feeling, I even almost forgot that I was working on a serious project and I couldn't stop smiling.

In fact, I didn't realize, not yet, it wasn't real till I received an email from Jeminatu : I was as happy as it was my birthday, the whole story was real.

I told Daniel first (our GSA Superstar and alumni) because he stressed me out to check my inbox everyday :D.



Special mentions to my parents: they were amazing, I know we don't always get the support of our parents especially when we do something without telling them BEFORE (we will always be their babies however we're old lol).



 Departure

Just two words to summarize it
  




IMPATIENCE !

EXCITATION !














AKWAABA GSAs : The Summit

We arrived a bit later because of our flight but the fact we were tired doesn't stop us from learning and dancing THE WOBBLE (I still have this sound in my mind "swing, swing, nooow to the left, to the left, to the right, to the right..".)

You can give me a dictionary but I won't find a strong word enough to describe how was the sessions with the speakers, it doesn't exist yet.

It was just MAISI (Magical, Awesome, Instructive, Special, Inspiring), this word sounds a bit like "MERCI" which means THANK YOU in french. Just to thank all the speakers for feeding our soul and mind.
One magical moment ? WOBBLE! We were dancing and burning the floor as one.
Another one ? The Simulation Challenge : Working together, sharing ideas and learning from others.
Other magical moments ? Every sessions were magical. 
It's always magical when you learn this kind of words : "Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile..." [Aida Martinez]

But one of my favorites moments were the ambiance of the buses when we moved out to the cinema :
1. cultural exchanges (music) when we went to Accra Mall
2. Singing "Someone like you" in unison when we came back to Alisa


Amazing mates


All the GSAs and the Googlers : seeing all of you, sharing, learning, smiling, enjoying the moment, as a family...made my heart smile and made me love this program much more
Please, allow me to make special mentions to :

- Jeminatu and Samuel: You were like a SuperWoman and a SuperMan, Thank You
- The speakers: You gave me things that I exactly need 
- The Googlers : there's no word more powerful than "Thank You"

- My Ivorian team: 
      Daniel: our GSA Superstar and Alumni, you're a winner, just stay who you are
      Yena: the cool girl with the nice smile :) what will we do without you ?
      Willfried : my brother, we were definitely like shadow twins at the summit lol
      Raphael : a.k.a "Good Sens" lol, you can't stop me to call you like that bro

-The GSAs : Remember we were dancing on the floor as one, let's keep this union and make a change because I do believe that our generation can do anything


Team Black : It was a pleasure to work with all of you, we can be proud of our simulation
Carla Wilby : you're so adorable, so smart and I know you can be a great actress :P
Awa M'bengue : my memories are like the music we never forget
Mordecai: Keep your ambitions and the world will write your name in the history
Philip Onya : I've got a brother before and after the summit
Christelle : I will send you some "Attiéké" next time
GSAs from Cameroon : you made me pala pala lol
Sithé : what a talented girl ! Go tell the world that girls can do it
- June: GirlYou rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooccckkkkkkkkk :D


I think I'd rather stop here (if not I won't stop this article)

...


You know what ? When you struggle to do something good, you pray to be accepted because you're very interested and you receive a positive feedback, you just forget about how stressed you were and every no you received before.

Only a message can make you stronger, I felt it. I also felt more confident and proud to chosen because I know the 4 other persons who submitted their application, they are brilliant, and to be honest I was a bit worry. 

Why did they pick me ? Only our Jemi-Jemi can answer but I just wanted to be myself: simple, passionate and honest.

Now, I want to surprise and to be surprised (in the good way, for sure :D). I have no fear of the challenges, no, not anymore. This summit fed me so I'm ready for the next steps.




GSA WILL ROCK YOU !!! (*)





(*) Aw sorry, you just miss my bus going to Accra Mall :D !

Aucun commentaire

Le Monde Selon Etser. Fourni par Blogger.